Location: Pueblo, Colorado
Owner/Client: Pueblo Conservancy Districts,
Mr. Rick Kidd, P.E., District Administrator (719) 250-1881
Project Description: Determine and establish a process that provides for a fair allocation of Maintenance Fund Assessment to be made by the Pueblo Conservancy District in accordance with CRS §37-5-107. Once the District established and enacted the Maintenance Fund Assessment, NorthStar was hired to complete “as-built” surveys and conditional assessments for the entire 2.8 mile length of the Arkansas River levee. That work will be the basis of future improvement designs required to obtain levee certifications as required by FEMA.
Listed below are detailed Drainage Master Plans have been prepared for the following projects (list is not all inclusive but provides a sample of project types completed):
- Seven major drainage basins encompassing all of the Pueblo West Metropolitan District, Pueblo West, Colorado.
- 1800 acre drainage study with multiple regional detention and conveyance facilities for the SouthPointe Development, Pueblo, Colorado.
- 240 acre on-site and 89 square mile off-site drainage study for the YMCA Community Campus, Pueblo, Colorado
- 2000 acre drainage study for Interstate 25 bridges south of Fountain, Colorado for Colorado Department of Transportation.
- 150 acre on-site and 15 square mile off-site drainage study for the Southern Colorado Medical Center and Parkwest Business Campus, Pueblo, Colorado.
- 990 acre drainage study with multiple regional detention facilities for the Eagleridge Development, Pueblo, Colorado.
- 745 acre drainage study for the Walking Stick Development and Golf Course, Pueblo, Colorado.
- 100 acre on-site and 800 acre off-site drainage study for the Meadowbrook Subdivision in Canon City, Colorado.
- 370 acre Hyde Park Drainage Study for the City of Pueblo, Colorado.
- Extended Detention Facility drainage study for the Laredo at Lakeshore and Laredo at Parkside Developments, Pueblo, Colorado.
- Colorado State University – Pueblo campus drainage study, Pueblo, Colorado.
- Design of many of the drainage improvements identified in the above referenced studies have also been completed.
Specialized Drainage Improvement Design projects include, but are not limited to:
- H & H studies and support services for Floodplain Mapping of Wildhorse Creek for the City of Pueblo, Colorado.
- Flood Plain analysis of the Arkansas River for the Pueblo Conservancy District, Pueblo, Colorado.
- Analysis of capacity and detention conditions for and design of improvements to approximately two miles of the Arkansas Valley Conduit through Pueblo, Colorado
- Analysis of Cimarron River floodplain and design of new crossing for the Town of Springer, New Mexico.