Location: Rye High School, Pueblo County High School, Pueblo West High School
Owner/Client: Pueblo County School District 70, Mr. TJ Vinci, Director of Business Services, (719) 251-5482
NorthStar was hired in February 2013 by Pueblo County School District 70 to complete pre-design surveys, detailed designs, construction management/inspections, and construction staking for track, football field, and tennis court remediation and reconstruction at the District’s three high schools. All three projects were substantially completed prior to the commencement of the Fall 2013 football season. All three projects included the complete removal and reconstruction of existing football fields and track facilities. The football fields were replaced with a synthetic artificial turf playing surface over an underdrain system. The track and fields facilities were replaced with asphalt pavement and synthetic surfacing. Two of the three schools received new synthetic surfaced, post-tensioned concrete tennis courts with lighting. Two of the three sites also incorporated new lighting for the football fields and tracks. All three sites received stadium upgrades including ADA accessibility improvements, drainage and utility improvements, safety improvements, storage facilities, etc. The new facility at Pueblo West High School included a new 3,000 seat grandstand with press box, men’s and women’s restroom facilities, home and visitor locker rooms, concession facilities, ticket booth, etc. The project was completed within budget as established by the Facilities Needs Assessment process completed by NorthStar for the District’s 2012 Bond Issue.
Below is a list of other athletic facilities completed by NorthStar Engineering and Surveying, Inc.
- Soccer and Lacrosse Field Improvements, Colorado State University – Pueblo, Pueblo, Colorado
- Lawrence Vibber Field Improvements, Fowler School District, Fowler, Colorado
- Track and Field Remediation and Site Improvements for School Expansion, Primero Colorado School District
- Cesar Chavez Academy Site Improvements, School District 60, Pueblo, Colorado
- Dutch Clark Stadium Track and Field Improvements, School District 60, Pueblo, Colorado
- Parking Lot and Athletic Court Improvements, Otero Junior College, La Junta, Colorado
- Parking Lot, Retaining Wall, and Athletic Facility Improvements, Trinidad State Junior College Trinidad, Colorado
- Athletic Court Remediation, Lamar Community College, Lamar, Colorado
- Greater Pueblo Sports Complex, Pueblo, Colorado
- Improvements and Additions to Existing Athletic Fields, Horace Mann and East Junior High Schools for School District 11, Colorado Springs, Colorado